The duration of the tour will depend on the number of museums you would like to visit.
French Riviera has always been a land of inspiration for artists, painters, sculptors. There were all fascinated by the beauty,
the light of the area.
On the footsteps of the artists:
- Matisse :
in Nice ;
Chapelle du Rosaire
- Chagall: In Nice the
Biblical message located in a peaceful setting, beautiful garden with typical Mediterranean plants, olive trees, Cypress, pines.
- Picasso :
- Picasso Museum in Antibes located in the former Grimaldi castle 12th century.
in Vallauris with the famous "War and Peace".
in Vallauris, workshop where Picasso started working the clay and made some ceramics.
- Museum of Photography in Mougins, you will discover a collection of photos from Picasso made by his friend André Villers.
- Cocteau : Chapel Saint Peter in Villefranche sur Mer, the Wedding room in Menton, Villa Santo Sospir in Saint Jean Cap Ferrat
- Renoir :
"Les Colettes" in Cagnes sur Mer is located in a wonderful property planted with ancient olive trees from
where we can enjoy a superb panorama that extends to Cap d'Antibes. The view of the Haut de Cagnes is also exceptional.
- Fernand Leger: Museum dedicated to the artist in Biot.
, private foundation, located in
Saint Paul de Vence
presents modern and contemporary art and contains great collection of paintings, sculptures, drawings from Giacometti, Miro, Chagall, Braque...
- MAMAC Nice: The Modern and Contemporaty Art Museum,located close to Place Garibaldi and Nice old town is dedicated to the history of the European and American avant garde movement from the beginning of the 1960's to the present day
collection from Sosno, Cesar, Arman, Niki de Saint Phalle, Yves Klein.......
was essential in modern art movement attracting artists from all over Europe and call itself "the school of Nice"